Privacy Laws and Business invited students to enter a student essay competition, the prize being a free place at Privacy Laws & Business’s (PL&B’s) 32nd Annual International Conference, on July 1-3, 2019 at St. John’s College, Cambridge. The winning students will enjoy the unique friendly summer school atmosphere while mingling with Data Protection Commissioners, privacy managers, specialist lawyers and academics from many countries.
PL&B invites students aged 18+ of any subject and country to submit an essay in English of 1,500 - 2,000 words on one of the following subjects:
- Making privacy law compliance a competitive advantage
- Making Privacy by Design a driver of business success
- The prospects for competition law, consumer law and privacy law helping individuals pursue their GDPR rights
- How to communicate effectively that free apps mean consequential tracking
- What impact should GDPR have beyond the EU?
- Smart or creepy?
Two winners will win a place at GDPR’s influence ripples around the world, PL&B’s 32nd Annual International Conference and will have their essays published in Privacy Laws & Business Reports, the world’s longest established international privacy law publication, and/or PL&B's website. In exchange, the winners will agree to play a helpful role at the conference by providing assistance in sessions and writing up two articles based on conference sessions.
Submit your essay by May 10, 2019.