West University of Timișoara (UVT)
The West University of Timișoara (UVT) is a Romanian university created in 1944. UVT offers a great variety of programmes in different domains, as well as a dynamic, creative, innovating environment, adapted to new technologies. The Faculty of Law of UVT is today among the most appreciated Romanian law faculties and due to its international approach it is also a choice for many international scholars.
LL.M. in European Union Law
This LL.M. is focused on European Union law approaching this area of law in a very detailed manner from the EU institutions and functions to all the related domains and problems that regard it, offering both a theoretical and practical perspective for the students.
Location: Timișoara, Romania
Number of Places/Students per year: 30-50.
Duration: 2 semesters (FT).
Price/Fee: 753 EUR (tuition fee) + 33 EUR (application fee)
Scholarships: UVT provides several types of scholarships.
Accommodation: Students can choose between living on or off campus or in a private flat.
For candidates not eligible for a scholarship provided by the Romanian state, the admission consists of the LL.B. exam score and an English competence exam that is eliminatory.
For candidates who apply for a funded place as well, there is also a multiple choice exam. Bibliography for the English competence exam and for the multiple choice exam can be found here.
The calendar for the 2019-2020 academic year has not been provided yet, but you can use the one for 2018-2019 as an example.
For the entrance exam, the candidates must provide the following documents:
- High school graduation exam diploma – original or certified copy;
- High school transcript of records – certified copy;
- LL.B. diploma or equivalent – original;
- LL.B. diploma supplement or transcript of records – original or certified copy;
- LL.M. diploma (for those who have one) – original or certified copy;
- LL.M. diploma supplement or transcript of records – certified copy;
- Birth certificate – original and copy;
- Marriage certificate (if there is such a case) – original and copy;
- ID card – copy certified by the admission commission secretary;
- Two photos (ID card format);
- An envelope file.
The candidates will have to fill in application form-affidavit and a removable sticker that can be found in this document.
- Compulsory: Principles of European Union Law, European Union Institutions and Procedures, Human Rights in the European Union, Conflicts of Laws and of Jurisdiction in the European Union, Specialised Legal Practice – for the first semester; Competition and Consumer Protection European Union Law, European Union Fiscal Law, European Law of Financial Institutions, European Union Company Law – for the second semester;
- Optional: European Union Internet Law, European Union Social Law – for the first semester; Harmonisation of European Union Private Law, European Union Criminal Law – for the second semester;
Master's Thesis: An individual original and scientific work. The topic shall be chosen by the student who will be supervised by one of the faculty members.
Faculty of Law of the West University of Timișoara, 9A Eroilor de la Tisa Bd., 300575, Timișoara, Timiș County, Romania
Telephone: +351 (0) 253 601800 | 253 601801
Social media: www.fb.com/drept.uvt.ro/
By Oana Bahnean