Babeș-Bolyai University (BBU)
Babeș-Bolyai University (BBU) is a Romanian public university, based in Cluj-Napoca. BBU offers postgraduate programmes that will widen your knowledge and complete your studies, within a multicultural, dynamic and proactive environment. The programmes are available for Romanian students as well as international students. BBU's Faculty of Law is as old as the university and has stand the challenge of time, always adapting and evolving according to the circumstances; always offering something new, from outstanding professors to interesting courses.
LL.M. in International and Comparative Business Law
This LL.M. focuses on a thorough study of Business Law, including corporations, mergers, acquisitions, and their interesting details and problems that can occur, while approaching these matters in an EU and international context.
Location: Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Number of Places/Students per year: 40 (according to the official announcement for the 2018-2019 academic year).
Duration: 2 semesters (FT).
Price/Fee: 753 EUR (tuition fee) + 54 EUR (application fee)
Scholarships: BBU provides several types of scholarships.
In order to be accepted, a candidate will have to provide an application file, which shall be evaluated by a commission (50% of the final grade), and also participate in an interview (50% of the final grade). If the file and the interview receive a good evaluation and there are enough places, the candidate will be admitted. The LL.B. exam grade shall be used to choose between candidates with similar results on the previous step.
The file evaluation targets the academic results, especially on subjects relevant to the LL.M., the national and international experience in volunteering programmes, professional development and other similar activities, the recommendation of third party regarding your professional skills, while the interview is meant to discover the candidate`s motivation, professional objectives and English knowledge and speaking abilities. Keep in mind that the result of your evaluation determines your chances to be accepted.
For the entrance exam, the candidates must provide the following documents:
- A completed online application form;
- A certified copy of their high school graduation exam grades;
- A certified copy of their high school transcript of records;
- A certified copy of their LL.B. diploma;
- A certified copy of their LL.B. diploma supplement;
- Proof of competence in English;
- A certified copy of their birth certificate;
- A copy of their ID card;
- Two ID card type photos;
- Receipt for paying the application fee;
- A C.V. in Romanian or English (Europass format);
- A letter of intent in English (max. 3000 including spaces);
- A letter of recommendation from outside UBB and other documents that could support the candidate`s admission;
- An envelope file.
- Compulsory: Advanced Corporate Law, International Benchmarks in Contractual Obligations, Current Issues of European Competition Law, Comparative Corporate Governance. Merges and Acquisitions – for the first semester; European and Comparative Property Law, European and Comparative Tax Law, Evolution in European Labour Law, E-commerce and Cyber-security – for the second semester;
- Optional: European Public Procurement and State Aid Law, Introduction to US Business Law – you can choose one of them for the first semester; Comparative Insolvency Law, Energy Law – you can choose one of them for the second semester;
Master's Thesis: An individual original and scientific work. The topic shall be chosen by the student who will be supervised by one of the faculty members.
Biroul P3, str. Avram Iancu, nr. 11, 400089, CLUJ-NAPOCA
Telephone: +351 (0) 264-450443
By Oana Bahnean