Bucerius Law School, Master of Law and Business
Bucerius Law School is Germany's first private law school. After its foundation in 2000, it quickly established its position as the top-ranked law school and has maintained this rank since 2008.The prestigious CHE University Ranking has repeatedly awarded top marks to Bucerius Law School, commending it for its first-rate study conditions and excellent student-to-professor ratio. The school is particularly known for its German-taught law degree program, which leads up to the First German State Examination. The English-taught programs offered by Bucerius Law School include the Master of Law and Business (LL.M./MLB) and three intensive Summer Programs.
Master Name and Type : The Bucerius Master of Law and Business (LL.M. / MLB) is a one-year graduate program for young professionals with a professional or academic interest in the interrelation between law and business. The curriculum of the Bucerius Master of Law and Business is designed to illustrate the close relationship between legal and business issues in every stage of a company's lifecycle, which therefore serves as the structural backbone of the program.
Location: Hamburg, Germany
Single/Double Diploma: Single
Number of Places/Students per year: 50
Duration: One year
Fee: EUR 22,000
Scholarships: Information concerning the scholarships can be found on the websites below:
- Bucerius Global Scholarships
- Partial Tuition Scholarships
- Germany Scholarships
- Venable Fellowship
- Other Scholarships
Accommodation: There are many housing options: off-campus residence halls, sublet rooms and independent housing.
- January 15 (Early Bird / Bucerius Global Scholarship)
- March 31 (With Visa Requirement)
- May 15 (Without Visa Requirement)
- Necessary Documents:
- Application form and photograph
- Curriculum Vitae
- Motivation letter
- Writing sample
- Transcripts and explanation of grading system
- Statement of class rank
- Proof of English language proficiency
- Recommendation letters
- Financial aid
Courses ( 60 ECTS)
- Compulsory: Foundations of Business(for law graduates)/Foundations of Law(for non-law graduates), Founding of an enterprise, Development, Internationalization of an enterprise, Restructuring&Insolvency, Negotiation&Contract Drafting, Management&Ethics
- Optional: International Property, Arbitration, Mergers & Acquisitions / Corporate Finance, Logistics and SCM, Entrepreneurship, Corporate Governance & Compliance, Law Without Walls
- Thesis: Yes, a thesis is required to be drafted in order to complete the programme
- Internship: Yes, the candidates shall complete an internship in order to fully complete the programme.
LLM Contact :
Admissions Officer, Mrs. Maite Anna Schewe.
P: +49 40 30706 226
By Madalina Enea