Catholic University of Portugal (Católica Global School of Law)
The Catholic University of Portugal dates back to 1967 and is one of the largest private universities in Portugal.
LLM in European and Global Context
The European and Global Context LLM is a unique post-graduate opportunity to study European and global legal developments. 60% of the students at Catolica School of Law are foreign, which renders it a highly multicultural learning environment. It has been recognised by Financial Times as one of the most innovative schools in the world.
Location: Palma de Cima, Lisbon.
Number of Places/Students per year: no set limit.
Duration: 1 year (FT).
Price/Fee: € 14.000.
Scholarships: Available (Polish applicants: three full scholarships worth € 13.333,33; Brazilian and Chinese applicants: two half tuition waiver grants; Joseph Weiler: 1 full scholarship for an outstanding applicant unable to finance his/ her participation in the LL.M).
Accommodation: Both provisional and permanent accommodation options are available.
Applications open in September 2019- there is no specified application deadline for this start date. Applicants must hold an undergraduate degree in Law and a strong academic record. The necessary documents for all students are:
- Motivation letter
- Two Letters of recommendation (in English or in Portuguese)
- Official transcripts from schools attended (in English or in Portuguese);
- Curriculum Vitae (in English) with dates and lengths of employment (maximum two pages long)
- Official letter of dispatch for students sponsored by corporations or other organisations
- Official TOEFL / IELTS score report, or certificate. Minimum average of 7 (IELTS).
- Copy of Identity Card or Passport
- 1 Photo
Successful applicants will be notified by means of an official acceptance letter.
Students must complete a total of 60 ECTS credits, including lectures and seminars.
- The Law of European Integration I and II, Comparative Private Law, Comparative Public Law, Competition Law, International Trade Law, Tax Law in a European and Global Context
- Two Visions of International Law, Comparative Corporate Law, Comparative and Global Administrative Law,Comparative Intellectual Property in the Digital Age: an EU – US study, Constitutional Law beyond the State, European Legal Method, Free Trade and Environmental Protection, Human Rights Law, International Arbitration,International Investment Law, Philosophy of Free Trade, Sports Law, The Economics of the Legal System, The Political Philosophy of European Contract Law, Comparative Judicial Decision-Making, The Grand Theories of Small Cases, Legal Research, Legal Writing, The Grand Theories of Small Cases
Students approved in a Master of Laws Thesis will receive a Master Diploma, according to the Bologna Declaration. Internships are not required. Students are also encouraged to take an extra semester abroad at American or European partner universities.
Telephone: +351 214 269 860
Website: http://www.catolicalaw.fd.lisboa.ucp.pt/ [EN].