Catholic University of Portugal (Católica Global School of Law)
The Catholic University of Portugal dates back to 1967 and is one of the largest private universities in Portugal.
LLM in International Business Law
The International Business LL.M. is an intensive program which is specifically tailored in order to meet the needs of attorneys working in business and corporate environments. LL.M. Católica is one of the finest and most respected LL.M. programmes in all of Europe. This programme runs from September to July and is structured into three terms.
Location: Palma de Cima, Lisbon.
Number of Places/Students per year: no set limit.
Duration: 1 year (FT), 2 years (PT).
Price/Fee: € 14.000 (FT) or € 16.000 (PT).
Scholarships: Available (Polish applicants: three full scholarships worth € 13.333,33; Brazilian and Chinese applicants: two half tuition waiver grants; Joseph Weiler: 1 full scholarship for an outstanding applicant unable to finance his/ her participation in the LL.M).
Accommodation: Both provisional and permanent accommodation options are available.
Applications open in September 2019- there is no specified application deadline for this start date. Applicants must hold an undergraduate degree in Law and a strong academic record. The necessary documents for all students are:
- Motivation letter
- Two Letters of recommendation (in English or in Portuguese)
- Official transcripts from schools attended (in English or in Portuguese);
- Curriculum Vitae (in English) with dates and lengths of employment (maximum two pages long)
- Official letter of dispatch for students sponsored by corporations or other organisations
- Official TOEFL / IELTS score report, or certificate. Minimum average of 7 (IELTS).
- Copy of Identity Card or Passport
- 1 Photo
Successful applicants will be notified by means of an official acceptance letter.
Students must complete a total of 60 ECTS credits, including lectures and seminars.
- Common Law Contracts,
- Comparative and Uniform Contract Law and Law of Movable Property,
- Competition Law: Part 1 Competition Law, Part 2 Competition Law - Enforcement
- Corporate Law and Securities Regulation: Part 1 European Corporate Law, Part 2 US Company and Capital Market Law, Part 3 European Securities Regulation
- International Commercial Arbitration and Investment Dispute Resolution
- Modern Financial Products, Services and Regulation
- Comparative Corporate Taxation, Comparative Intellectual Property in the Digital Age: an EU – US Study, European Corporate Law, Intellectual Property and Competition Law, International Debt Finance: The Eurozone Debt Crisis International Energy Law, International Environmental Law, International Petroleum Transactions, International Tax Planning, International Taxation, Negotiation for Lawyers, Structured Finance and Securitisation, The Dynamics of European Union Institutions, Transnational Bankruptcy Law, Trends of Evolution of the EU Institutional Framework
Students can choose modules from the LL.M. in European and Global Context program.
Internships are not required in order to complete the program, but the students are highly advised to acquire professional experience.
Telephone: +351 214 269 860
Website: http://www.catolicalaw.fd.lisboa.ucp.pt/ [EN].