COMILLAS Pontifical University
COMILLAS Pontifical University was established by the Vatican. It is run by the Society of Jesus. Its values are shaped around the Christian perception of humankind. COMILLAS looks to achieve ambitious aims through a concerted dedication to theological and philosophical scientific progress with a crucial humanism element. For students, COMILLAS offers the broadest possible accessibility for all, supported by a diverse system of grants and loans, permanent academic targets with a strong sense of personal responsibility, individual support and guidance through direct interaction with lecturers. All members of its community are invited to embrace the idea of team work, genuine collaboration and shared responsibility as social obligations and enriching mutual experience.
Master's Degree in Maritime Law and Business (MNDM)
Location: Madrid, Spain
Number of Places/Students per year: n/a.
Duration: 1 year (FT).
Price/Fee: € 8.500
Scholarships: Those interested should contact the Student Welcome Office (OIA) directly.
Accommodation: Those interested should contact the Student Welcome Office (OIA) directly.
Once the documents have been presented to the General Secretariat of the University, students will be contacted for the entrance examinations. These tests consist of an English test, a competence test and a personal interview. The English test may be validated with a B2 degree or equivalent.
- Original copy of the bachelor’s diploma. If it is in any other language than Spanish, a legalised translation must be provided.
- An original copy of transcripts. If it is in any other language than Spanish, a legalised translation must be provided.
- A copy of the passport or ID.
- Letter of intent
Deadline: October 10, 2019.
Programme structure (50 ECTS)
Module I: Maritime Law
- Maritime law, public law of navigation and port law
- Navigation safety and marine environment protection
- Subjects of navigation
- The legal status of the ship
- Vessel operation and ancillary contracts
- Navigation accidents and limitation of liability
- Maritime security law
- Maritime procedures
Module II: Maritime Business
- Technology and maritime operations
- Traffic analysis
- Commercial operation of the vessel. Charter contracts
- International transport of goods
- Maritime policy
- Marine insurance
Module III: Management Company
- Maritime economy
- Business management and HR
- Business ethics
Information and Student Welcome Office: C/ Alberto Aguilera 21 28015 Madrid
Tel.: +34 91.540.61.19, +34 91.540.61.20, +34 91.540.61.33