Lawyr.it is recruiting! We are looking for critically-minded students for these essential roles: Junior Editor and Legal Researcher.
Surely, there are many extracurricular opportunities out there for law students. But one, in particular, was carefully crafted having in mind the needs of law students and the market demands, and that is Lawyr.it. In an environment flooded with competitors, the only shot you have at being successful is by being outstanding.
We offer you the chance to stand out, the pathway to becoming outstanding. You have the opportunity to be part of a unique platform created to foster critical thinking, debate, and reform, all coming from the young minds of law students like you. You will be able to connect with lawyers and legal professionals from the CEE, and, more importantly, you will be able to use and build on the knowledge you have acquired so far.
What can you do?
Check out the details for the three roles waiting for their creative, hard-working matches:
1. Junior Editor
- First, Second or Third year Law Students at any law school (preference given to those studying in or coming from Central and Eastern Europe)
- Advanced English Knowledge
- Excellent analytical and argumentative skills
- Access to a PC and good Internet connection
- Reading, editing and reviewing the submitted articles according to the editorial guidelines of the magazine
- Verifying the correctitude of the information presented in the articles and ensuring the accuracy of the language used in the articles
- Writing materials for each Lawyr.it issue
- Promoting Lawyr.it posts and materials on all social media channels
* Candidates applying for the JE position have the opportunity to choose to get involved in additional activities, including: Institutional Relations (it involves the establishment and maintenance of partnerships), Question of the Issue, Debates, Interviews, Newsletter, Social Media Management, Briefings and research projects, in the time between issues. To express your interest, please rank the possible options in order of preference in your application.
* Selected candidates will be contacted shortly and might be asked to edit and review brief excerpts of articles given by the team.
2. Legal Researcher
- Second-year law student and above, including LLM/Master level and PhD candidates (preference given to those studying in or coming from Central and Eastern Europe)
- Advanced English Knowledge
- Excellent research and analytical skills
- Access to a PC and Internet Connection
- Bringing a monthly contribution to the Lawyr.it Dictionary
- Updating old Dictionary Terms
- Contributing to the Opportunities rubric
* Selected Legal Researchers will be contributing to our current research projects (Masters Abroad, Opportunities, Legal Dictionary) and the Lawyr.it blog on a regular basis, as agreed with the Research Coordinator.
Not sure yet?
Lawyr.it exists because of and through the tremendous work of all the law students involved throughout the years since its inception. It’s a constant work in progress, seeking to expand and improve the lives of law students, as the first-hand experiences of all those that decided to get involved reflect. As a member you will gain new skills, live invaluable experiences and share thoughts with other law students, building together a project that exceeds the legal field and the level of students.
What else can we offer you?
- Letters of recommendation on behalf of the Lawyr.it editorial team or Lawyr.it sponsors
- Volunteer recognition certificates, Volunteer contract
- Direct training and coaching offered by Lawyr.it alumni
- The opportunity to expand your knowledge of Legal English, as well as to improve your English writing skills
- Priority at coordinating joint projects organised by Lawyr.it and Local Partners
- The opportunity to get in touch with National and International Law Firms and Companies through the Lawyr.it projects and access a plurality of career opportunities
- Freedom in establishing and coordinating side projects, under the guidance of experienced Lawyr.it alumni
Do not miss the opportunity to become part of an amazing team and a rapidly-growing project! Join Lawyr.it!