The IE University: Driving Innovation has a personalised, student-centric community with a rich diversity of individuals, ideas and approaches, where over 130 nationalities are represented on its campus in Segovia and Madrid, more than 75% of the students coming from outside of Spain. As of 2018, it was ranked by the 1st in Spain, 7th BEST BBA Worldwide, 5th in Europe, 9th in Recruiter Satisfaction Worldwide, 10th in Student Satisfaction Worldwide and 20th in Top University Worldwide. At IE, the students can benefit from a unique learning environment, as IE is redefining higher education for professionals. The university is student-cantered, offering a personalised approach to education for shaping the professional path of those interested in attending their programmes. The faculties of IE are comprised of world leaders in the academic and business worlds.
LLM in International Business Law
Location: Madrid, Spain
Number of Places/Students per year: 30.
Duration: 10 months.
Price/Fee: €31.700 (+ €125 application fee)
Accommodation: Please see the official website.
Admission is granted on a rolling basis.
Candidates must complete the Online Application form that can be found on the website and must also upload the following documents:
- Bachelor degree from an accredited university
- Official university transcripts (certified translation into English or Spanish)
- 1 page CV/Resume
- 1 essay
- 2 letters of recommendation
- English language certificate
- Photocopy of current passport
- Passport size picture
- Online Assessment: the candidate will receive a link to answer three live questions, two in video format and one in written format.
Entrance exams: students are required to take either the GMAT, GRE, LSAT or IEGAT
Personal Interview: the candidate will have a personal interview (face-to-face/via Skype) with the Associate Director of the Admissions Team
Module 1: Global Law
- Introduction to common law systems; Introduction to civil law; Introduction to Asian legal systems; EU Commercial Law; International public law
Module 2: Corporate litigation and alternative dispute resolution
- International arbitration; Conflict of laws; Negotiation; International arbitration advocacy
Module 3: International corporations and contract
- Comparative corporations; International contract; Global corporate compliance; Corporate finance – legal aspects
Module 4: Cross-border transactions
- Cross-border mergers and acquisitions; Venture capital and private equity transactions
Module 5: 360 degrees Business Law
- Competition law; International securities law; International intellectual property; International tax framework
Module 6: MBA Module
- Accounting; Strategic management; Financial management; Project management; Entrepreneurship
Module 7: Soft skills and experiences
- Accelerate; Launch; Global forum
- London and Brussels immersion weeks
- Professional experience week
- Venture law clinic
- Corporate social responsibility
Module 8: Law and technology
- Data insights and visualisation
- Technology for innovation
Tel.: +34 915 689 600