The IE University: Driving Innovation has a personalised, student-centric community with a rich diversity of individuals, ideas and approaches, where over 130 nationalities are represented on its campus in Segovia and Madrid, more than 75% of the students coming from outside of Spain. As of 2018, it was ranked by the 1st in Spain, 7th BEST BBA Worldwide, 5th in Europe, 9th in Recruiter Satisfaction Worldwide, 10th in Student Satisfaction Worldwide and 20th in Top University Worldwide. At IE, the students can benefit from a unique learning environment, as IE is redefining higher education for professionals. The university is student-cantered, offering a personalised approach to education for shaping the professional path of those interested in attending their programmes. The faculties of IE are comprised of world leaders in the academic and business worlds.
Master in Global Taxation (LL.M./MSL)
Location: Madrid, Spain and New York, USA.
Language: English (Spanish)
Number of Places/Students per year: 50.
Duration: 15 months.
Price/Fee: €34.200 (+ €125 application fee)
Accommodation: Please see the official website.
Admission is granted on a rolling basis.
Candidates must complete the Online Application form that can be found on the website and must also upload the following documents:
- Bachelor degree from an accredited university
- Official university transcripts (certified translation into English or Spanish)
- 1 page CV/Resume
- 1 essay
- 2 letters of recommendation
- English language certificate
- Photocopy of current passport
- Passport size picture
- Online Assessment: the candidate will receive a link to answer three live questions, two in video format and one in written format.
Online Assessment: the candidate will receive a link to answer three live questions, two in video format and one in written format
Entrance exams: students are required to take either the GMAT, GRE, LSAT or IEGAT
Personal Interview: the candidate will have a personal interview (face-to-face/via Skype) with the Associate Director of the Admissions Team
- Introduction to global taxation (2 ECTS)
- General tax framework (2 ECTS)
- Tax treaties: the OECD model (3 ECTS)
- EU Taxation (3 ECTS)
- International private law (1 ECTS)
- Economic (2 ECTS)
- Negotiation (2 ECTS)
- Accounting I (4 ECTS)
- Accounting II (2 ECTS)
- Introduction to US international tax issues (3 ECTS)
- Strategic management (2 ECTS)
- Financial Management (2 ECTS)
- International tax planning for multinationals (4 ECTS)
- International VAT law and other international indirect taxes (3 ECTS)
- Anti-avoidance I: principles and framework (2 ECTS)
- Anti-avoidance II: BEPS (3 ECTS)
- Risk assessment and advisory role (2 ECTS)
- Tax planning models per industry (2 ECTS)
- International tax planning for individuals and families (4 ECTS)
- Electives (6 ECTS)
- Final project (6 ECTS)
Tel.: +34 915 689 600