The IE University: Driving Innovation has a personalised, student-centric community with a rich diversity of individuals, ideas and approaches, where over 130 nationalities are represented on its campus in Segovia and Madrid, more than 75% of the students coming from outside of Spain. As of 2018, it was ranked by the 1st in Spain, 7th BEST BBA Worldwide, 5th in Europe, 9th in Recruiter Satisfaction Worldwide, 10th in Student Satisfaction Worldwide and 20th in Top University Worldwide. At IE, the students can benefit from a unique learning environment, as IE is redefining higher education for professionals. The university is student-cantered, offering a personalised approach to education for shaping the professional path of those interested in attending their programmes. The faculties of IE are comprised of world leaders in the academic and business worlds.
Master in Global Corporate Compliance (LL.M./MSL)
This programme is structured to give students the flexibility to learn in the way that best works for them. Whether they choose the part-time or the full-time format, they gain the same global content, access to world-class faculty, and will be awarded with the same Master’s degree and the same certificate and one-week academic experience in Global Corporate Compliance in NYU School of Law, regarded as one of the most prestigious and selective law schools in the world. The one-week academic experience refers to the Global Experience module on US Corporate Law & Governance Program at New York University School of Law campus in New York City.
Location: Madrid, Spain and New York, USA.
Full-time (October intake) / Part-time (March intake).
Number of Places/Students per year: 50.
Duration: 10/11 months.
Price/Fee: €34.200 (+ €125 application fee)
Accommodation: Please see the official website.
- First on-campus period: March 8th – 16th 2019
- First online period: March 22nd – July 26th 2019
- NYU Week: May 27th – 31st 2019
- Second on-campus period: September 2nd – 14th 2019
- Second online period: September 20th – November 8th 2019
- Third online period: November 15th 2019 – February 7th 2020
- Third on-campus period: February 17th – 29th 2020
Admission is granted on a rolling basis.
Candidates must complete the Online Application form that can be found on the website and must also upload the following documents:
- Bachelor degree from an accredited university
- Official university transcripts (certified translation into English or Spanish)
- 1 page CV/Resume
- 1 essay
- 2 letters of recommendation
- English language certificate
- Photocopy of current passport
- Passport size picture
- Online Assessment: the candidate will receive a link to answer three live questions, two in video format and one in written format.
Online Assessment: the candidate will receive a link to answer three live questions, two in video format and one in written format
Entrance exams: students are required to take either the GMAT, GRE, LSAT or IEGAT
Personal Interview: the candidate will have a personal interview (face-to-face/via Skype) with the Associate Director of the Admissions Team
Module 1: International legal framework
Module 2: Business ethics and corporate social responsibility
Module 3: Compliance as corporate defence
- Corporate risk assessment, Internal control strategic plan (Policies and procedures), Compliance forensic investigations, Compliance awareness, Role of chief compliance officer and top compliance software, Auditing
Module 4: Compliance key areas
- Corruption, Money laundering, Environmental compliance, International trade compliance ad antitrust and competition law, Data privacy and cyber-crime
Module 5: Compliance industries
Module 6: MBA Module
- Accounting, Corporate strategy, Organisational design, Corporate governance, Creating a culture of compliance, Economics
Module 7: Soft skills and experiences
- Accelerate, Launch, Global forum, Interpersonal skills to succeed in compliance, Compliance live` seminars, `Compliance on demand` challenge, NYU certificate `US corporate law and governance`
Module 8: Law and technology
- Data insights and visualisation, Technology for innovation
Tel.: +34 915 689 600